We have a new role opening for a casual employee to assist with warehouse duties (primarily order packing and receipt of stock), and who is able to assist in a retail environment at events and in our showroom.
The position is listed as casual and the hours may vary a lot during event season, but it is expected to be at least one (1) day per week and very rarely more than 3 days a week. Shifts available will most likely include Mondays, and some Fridays or weekends.
This is a new position adding to a team of four regular warehouse/showroom staff + additional event staff.
Your core duties in this role would be:
- Picking and packing customer orders
- Updating customer orders in the system
- Booking orders with couriers
- Keeping the warehouse and showroom orderly whilst on shift
- Updating website stock levels
- Stock take
- Assisting with in store retail sales as needed (e.g. when we are busy and during coworkers lunch breaks)
- Taking inbound phone calls and making follow up customer phone calls where required
- Packing a van for trade events
- Setting up / packing up at trade events
- Retail sales at trade events
- Driving of the van to/from trade events, driving of the van for irregular errands
- A full manual drivers license and the ability to drive a manual van
- Experience working in a warehouse environment and packing orders
- Ability to lift heavy and bulky items in a safe manner
- Quick to learn and adaptive to changing work tasks and environments
- Active and current knowledge of the LARP communities in Australia and general awareness of gaming/fantasy references.
Preferred but not required:
- Sales experience
- LARP armour and prop maintenance and repairs experience
- Familiarity with Shopware5 software
Location: Oakleigh (Victoria), very close to Huntingdale railway station and a short walk from the Huntingdale shops
Before applying, please note:
- This is a casual position with variable hours and whilst a part-time or full-time position may eventually become available, this role is likely to remain casual. It is not suitable for someone looking for full-time or almost full-time employment.
- Our usual operating hours are weekdays 11am-6pm, however event hours are very variable and will likely include some evenings or weekends.
- Previous resumes and expressions of interest have not been considered – please apply for this role specifically if you believe you are suited to the role and meet the above criteria, even if you have submitted a resume to us previously.
- Previous workplace references required.
- Given the casual and varied nature of the role, we understand if you are not available every shift you are offered. Please be upfront about what your availability is – we can be flexible for the right person for the job.
Please send a resume and cover letter to info at ofscienceandswords.com.au